A Strong Community of Friends
The Philadelphia Independence Network (PIN) strives to empower young adults with disabilities so they can live independent and full lives. PIN has created a co-ed community of young adults in their 20s with disabilities. Individuals in the program lead independent lives with support.
- Members live in Narberth, PA in apartments within walking distance of each other and may share an apartment. Click here for a guide to housing in Narberth.
- We provide organized socialization activities, including dining out, sporting events, and movie nights. Click here for a sample calendar.
- We encourage an active, healthy lifestyle and help participants get involved in their community.
- PIN staff members make regular individual home visits to assess and assist each participant.
- Staff are available on a 24-hour basis to take emergency calls and respond as needed.
- PIN helps members manage their free time through volunteerism and community involvement as well as social activities.
- Life skills training - some in-home support including apartment housekeeping, apartment mate issues, meal planning and preparation and travel training are available through PIN.
- More intense life skills training is available, as needed, for an additional fee.
- JEVS Human Services can provide employment services such as vocational assessment, job development and on-the-job coaching. These services may be funded through OVR or are available for an additional fee. Click here and scroll down for details: JEVS Employment Network Services
- Families serve as an active advisory board.
- Members find and pay for their own housing.
- Members must be willing and able to work, volunteer and/or be involved in educational programs.
- JEVS Employment Network can provide a guided employment search as well as vocational training.
- Participants can continue their education at one of the many local schools or colleges.
>Download Program Admission Criteria
Young adults with intellectual/developmental, physical or mental health disabilities who are in their 20s and have demonstrated the potential to live independently.
>Download Program Costs
JEVS Human Services
9350 Ashton Road, Suite 201
Philadelphia, PA 19114
PIN Club House and Office
113 N. Essex Avenue
Monday–Friday: 8:00 am–4:00 pm
Tel: 267-350-8678 Marnisha Henry or
>Download Admission Application
>Download Program Details
>Download Pennsylvania Waiver Programs
Financial support for medical and non-medical service available to qualified individuals
>Download Program Newsleter--Volume 1
>Download Program Newsleter--Volume 2
>Download Program Newsleter--Volume 3
>Download Program Newsleter--Volume 4