PHLConnectED is the City’s initiative to help K-12 families get access to a reliable, high-speed internet connection. If you would like to learn more about PHLConnectED and find out if you’re eligible, dial 2-1-1 and choose option 1. The hotline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is available in over 150 languages.
ALL-IN-ONE COVID-19 Resource Collection
COVID-19 Information and Updates
- City of Philadelphia
- List of testing sites in the Philadelphia area (kept up-to-date by the Inquirer)
- How to make alternative face masks and shields
- The Greater Philadelphia Coronavirus 24/7 Helpline is 1-800-722-7112
- State of Pennsylvania
- State of New Jersey
- State of Delaware
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
Getting Life Essentials
- PA Benefits Center can help with assistance for groceries, prescription drugs, utilities, health insurance, property tax, and more. Call 833-373-5869
- Philly renters can find resources here at phillytenant.org
- Apply for SNAP, Medicaid, Other Benefits
- Apply for WIC (Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children)
- COVID-19 & Child Care in Pennsylvania (from the PA Office of Child Development and Early Learning)
- Free meals for students are still available while schools are closed
- Area Food Pantries
- Feeding Pennsylvania and Hunger Free PA can help Pennsylvanians access food resources in their community
- Aunt Bertha – Search for free or reduced cost services like medical care, food, job training, and more
- Get Credit/Mortgage/Rent Advice
- Report price gouging (email link)
- PECO is taking steps to power customers during the COVID-19 pandemic, including suspended all service disconnections, reconnecting service for customers who have had service previously disconnected, and offering flexible payment options.
- LIHEAP provides assistance for home energy bills for both low-income renters and homeowners
- Comcast Internet Essentials – Two months free internet; $9.95/month after that
- Free Library of Philadelphia’s digital resources can be accessed from anywhere
- Coursera is offering free courses for high school and college students, free career development courses, and free courses for well being
- School District of Philadelphia’s Learning Guides are available for parents and caregivers
- The National Constitution Center has set up an Interactive Constitution learning platform
Anxiety and Mental Health Resources
- Healthy Minds Philly, tools and resources to support and improve the mental health and wellbeing of all Philadelphians, an initiatve of Philadelphia DBHIDS.
- Tips For Social Distancing, Quarantine, And Isolation from SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration)
- The CDC has tips on Managing Anxiety & Stress during the pandemic.
- How to Care for Yourself While Practicing Physical Distancing
- Mental health is incredibly important. If you or anyone you know is in crisis, you can text PA to 741-741
How to Talk to Children About COVID 19
- A Guide from the National Association of School Psychologists
- A Guide from the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Fill out the Census Form – Be counted, it’s quick and easy!
- Vote by Mail in PA
- Vote by Mail in NJ
- Vote by Absentee Ballot in Delaware
Ways to Help Others
- Philly Mutual Aid – Neighbors Helping Neighbors – This site connects people in need with neighbors who are able to help. Sign up to request or provide help.
- Support the Homeless – Donate items or cash via Project HOME
- Help the Hungry in Philadelphia
- Join the Care Web for Philadelphia’s Disability Community – If you have a disability or are an ally of the disability community, join this care web of mutual aid and interdependence
Fun Things to Do From Home
- View 20 Live Animal Cams from Around the World
- Free Online Cooking School
- Easy Science Experiments for Kids Using Household Stuff
- Download Free Coloring Books from 113 Museums
Note: If you have questions about specific services here at JEVS, please contact the program directly during normal business hours or email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.