Presented by JEVS Youth Services
Date(s) - May 21, 2018
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Taller Puertorriqueno, Inc.
JEVS Human Services is at the forefront of advancing best practices in workforce development in our region, and our youth IT pre-apprenticeship offerings are growing. We’re looking for volunteers who can share their knowledge, experience and expertise with the next generation of IT professionals. Is that you?
Becoming part of our Mentor Match team is easy!
How does it work?
- You’ll register for our Meet and Greet “Mentor Match and Information” event*
- You’ll network with other IT Professionals, discuss and learn about the interests of Philadelphia young adults (ages 18-24), and ultimately choosing a mentee to help guide their career exploration
- Over a four-month period (May-August 2018), you’ll meet with your mentee, and provide periodic email and phone guidance, industry expertise and support as the youth pursue their goals
Who are the mentees?
- Young men and women presently enrolled in our IT pre-apprenticeship programs, the AmeriCorps TechServ Scholars and Project WOW-IT.
- They are located throughout the Philadelphia and Camden, and are learning foundational IT skills, serving in community recreation centers, conducting STEM-related workshops and bridging the STEM-divide.
- You’re providing a valuable service to our youth, helping to shape the next generation of IT professionals.
- You’re strengthening the ties between our region’s workforce and the communities served
- You’re helping to promote a grand tradition of mentorship and volunteer philanthropy
All mentors and mentees who successfully complete the project will receive recognition on the JEVS website and appropriate social media channels. Compensation for your first mentor-mentee lunch meeting is available upon request.
RSVP Required. Call 215-854-1853 or email Keighan.Gunther@jevs.org