If you’re at a career crossroads and feel like you are stuck, there may be a solution that will help you to get ahead in your company or help you to transition to a new one. Professional certifications! Certifications allow individuals to gain industry knowledge, work credentials and practical experience, without the long-term commitment and hefty expense of a college degree program.
Through our EduConnect program, JEVS Human Services is now partnering with Clarion University to offer in a wide range of self-paced, online certificate courses in a variety of in-demand career fields. Certifications provide a lot of benefits to working adults:
- Improved résumé
- Boost employability
- Access to a larger variety of professions and job positions
- Gain a higher salary
- Upskill, and unlock new skills
A Short-term Solution for Long-term Advancement
The advantage of enrolling in the certificate programs offered through JEVS EduConnect is that the student will have a success coach. The coach assists each student through the program, helping them to set goals and manage their workload, as a self-paced program can often be challenging when other life responsibilities—home, work, family—take priority. The coach is there as a “safety net” to get the student back on track.
How does the certificate offering work through JEVS EduConnect? Here are the details:
- Who: JEVS EduConnect and Clarion University (Accrediting body)
- What: The online certification courses are followed with an in-person externship with an employer that prepares the student to enter the field of certification. Each course varies in length, but the average time to finish is 2-6 months.
- Where: The course catalog can be found here: https://jevs.edu2.com. Once a student registers, the student will log in through an online learning portal.
- When: The self-paced model means that students can complete course requirements on a flexible schedule that meets their needs— they can log in early morning, late night—it is up to the student!
- Why: EduConnect added these certification courses to fill two specific needs in the community:
- Increase the amount and diversity of certification offerings. Instead of just having Pharmacy Technician training, EduConnect’s reach spans from healthcare to business to IT to professional development and more!
- Provide access to shorter term certification programs that can offer students credentials that will lead to a job or promotion more quickly.
Want to Learn More or Take the Next Step?
Or complete our form here to receive more information about JEVS EduConnect and our educational options: