Your Goals. Our Support. JEVS EduConnect can assist you in pursuing the credentials you need to begin a health care career as a Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA).
When you pursue career certification through JEVS and our university partner, you’re unlocking the flexibility of an online education and gaining support coaches to guide you toward success. Whether you want to launch a new career or advance in your current job, we’ll get you to where you want to be.
- 16-week training certificate program
- Affordable and achievable online curriculum
- Live, online (synchronous) classes two days a week and one day a week of in-person lab to gain clinical hours
- Support of a JEVS Success Coach and access to tutoring
- Direct pipeline to employment upon completion
* No prior experience necessary!
Plus! Opportunities to earn the leading national industry-recognized credential that could help with you begin your career at a higher wage, move up the corporate ladder, or land you a promotion!
Skills taught during the training:
- Steps in quality care throughout the patient encounter, including preparation of the medical facility, completing required paperwork, taking vital signs, and completing the check-out tasks
- How to perform perform various clinical tasks including assisting with the administration of medications and with minor procedures, performing an EKG electrocardiogram, and obtaining laboratory specimens for testing.
- Tasks related to helping with minor surgery and diagnostic testing procedures in the medical office, including laboratory procedures, specimen collection, microscopic assessment, and hematology procedures
- Skills to assist a physician as directed in various medical specialties of the medical office
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills related to pharmacology and the administration of medications within the scope of the clinical medical assistant practice
- Health records and patient computer systems
- Guidelines when working with special populations, such as pediatrics and geriatrics
- Common legal, ethical, and regulatory issues commonly impacting the phlebotomist
- And more!
Career field features:
- Direct pipeline to employment options upon program completion & pathway to health care careers (such as in physician’s offices, clinics, chiropractor’s offices, hospitals and outpatient facilities)
- Among the fast growing careers in the health care industry; jobs projected to grow 16% over next decade
(Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook)
Whatever your goals, we’ll help you get there. Fill out our inquiry form to get started!
Completion of this inquiry form is the first step in the enrollment process and not a guarantee of acceptance. Upon receiving your form, a JEVS team member will contact you shortly to discuss the program, enrollment process and eligibility requirements.