Everyone put a spring in their step at JEVS Work Ready’s “Spring Resource Palooza” on Friday, March 29, 2019, where there were opportunities for our clients to get face-to-face time with employers offering open positions, including SugarHouse Casino, Marshall’s, McDonalds, WalMart, TUCS Cleaning, JETS Staffing, and JEVS Care at Home.
In addition, this special event featured valuable resources available to Work Ready clients:
- Finding, selecting and paying for child care with CCIS
- Pregnancy and early childhood assistance with Maternity Care Coalition
- Financial empowerment and budgeting information from the Office of Community Empowerment & Opportunity
- Clothing assistance from Career Wardrobe
- Health screenings, blood pressure and glucose monitoring from Dr. Neil Pitts
- Homeless services including legal, housing, physical and health provider information from the Office of Homeless Services
The Work Ready program provides a comprehensive set of employment-oriented services to those receiving public assistance benefits, including those who are in need of specific help managing barriers to self-sufficiency.
Tons of Word Ready clients came out to attend the event and take advantage of these great resources! Listen to some of our clients’ thoughts about the event and how the Work Ready program has come to their aid:
Karyn enjoys how the program gives her and others hope.
Kristine talks about how JEVS has helped her improve her resume and provides her computer access to search for jobs.
Sharon appreciates the help she is receiving to find work while she receives help for her medical conditions.