How can JEVS help you to look ahead toward positive possibilities? Here are 5 opportunities to make 2021 far better than your 2020!
2020 was a year like no other, and hopefully it will not be an experience we will have to endure again. While the flip of the calendar doesn’t make the pandemic, recession, and other social challenges go away, JEVS Human Services does have many exciting educational opportunities and employment services to help you look forward to a light at the end of the tunnel.
Be sure to click on the link within each paragraph to get more info and access application or RSVP forms.
- Career Training for Young Adults — We are enrolling for two different, no-cost programs starting in January 2021 that help those ages 18 to 24 build career pathways into in-demand fields. Our IT Pre-Apprenticeship program assists individuals in gaining job training in information technology. Students can earn industry certifications, benefit from a paid internship, and have direct access to apprenticeship opportunities. Our Project WOW program is for Philadelphia residents who did not complete high school and offers high school equivalency test preparation, hands-on skills in property maintenance and repair, industry certifications, and job placement.
- Accelerated College Degree for Working Adults — Whether you want to launch a new career or advance in your current job, you can pursue a college degree through JEVS and our network of accredited universities. This opportunity features online project-based learning, multiple degree paths, and in-demand courses of study, all under $7,000 per year (possibly less with grants!). The main feature of this unique program is the built-in support system…a success coach!…who mentors and guides students through every step of their journey. With rolling admissions, you can get started on enrolling for the next 2021 semester starting soon.
- Job Search Assistance for the Unemployed — PA CareerLink® Suburban Station, operated by JEVS Human Services, provides comprehensive services to those seeking work. Career counselors assist individuals to create a customized career plan, and can guide you through the process of accessing any supports or benefits you may be eligible for, as well as connect you with job openings that would be a good fit for you. CareerLink also assists individuals to navigate available resources specifically for veterans, persons with disabilities, 55+, youth and young adults, immigrants, returning citizens (reentry), and more.
- Mentoring Support for Job Seekers — Through JEVS’ 3 Cups of Coffee® program, you can be paired with a compatible mentor who will provide you with supports to help you through that last step in the process of finding the perfect job. Almost 80 percent of jobs today are filled through connections before the job is even posted. Whether you are unemployed or underemployed, mentors can connect you with those in your field of choice to grow your professional network in 2021, and find that inside edge.
- Free Job Search Webinars for Career Changers — JEVS Career Strategies program has a great lineup of free virtual workshops this January 2021 to help those looking to change jobs or careers, or who want a fresh start in the new year. With topics like writing a winning resume and improving your virtual interviewing, individuals will learn how to effectively focus on achievements and tell impressive success stories that really stand out. One webinar, “Rediscovering Your Motivation for the Job Search During These Uncertain Times,” will help people learn how to manage anxiety and foster self-compassion.