JEVS Achievement through Counseling and Treatment (ACT) helps individuals whose lives have been negatively impacted by substance abuse to develop a recovery program and move toward achieving their potential. We provide our patients the treatment, skills, supports, resources and alternative pharmacologic methods to accomplish these goals and to further enhance their emotional, physical and spiritual well-being.
We offer these services in a culture that values the belief that each client is entitled to confidentiality, dignity and respect while receiving the highest standard of care possible.
ACT is CARF accredited, meaning it is recognized as demonstrating quality of services and value, conforming to rigorous and internationally recognized organizational and program standards by CARF International, an independent, nonprofit accreditor of health and human services.
- Outpatient and Intensive Outpatient Methadone Maintenance Program— a structured daily treatment program for opiate-dependent individuals with at least a one-year history of opiate abuse
- Individual, group, and family counseling and education
- Physical examination, medication evaluation, and psychiatric evaluation and treatment
- Employment services, such as job search assistance, workshops (resumes, interviewing, etc.), computer skills, skills exploration
- GED classes
- Free and confidential HIV/AIDS testing, counseling, and education
- Hepatitis testing and inoculation
- Case management services
- Peer support services
- Must be age 18 or over
- Personal appointments are made to determine service needs and eligibility
- Walk-ins are accepted Monday through Friday
Community Behavioral Health (CBH) pays for all treatment if you are an eligible participant. If you are ineligible for CBH coverage, you may be eligible for Behavioral Health Services Initiative (BHSI) support or other insurance; private pay of a weekly fee may be arranged.
5820 Old York Road
Philadelphia, PA 19141
1745 N. 4th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19122
Monday – Friday
6 am – 4 pm
Saturday, Sunday and Holidays
8 am – 12 noon
Admissions and Additional Information:
TEL: ACT I: 215.276.8400
TEL: ACT II: 215.236.0100
If you or someone you know needs help with addiction, our intake specialists are there for you. Reach out now >>>
Additional Language Spoken
Spanish (available at ACT II)
For a copy of the JEVS Achievement Through Counseling and Treatment (ACT) most recent annual report, please contact Kristen Rantanen, Senior Vice President, Communications and Public Affairs, at 215-854-1806.