Get the skills and assistance you need to prepare for an exciting career with Culinary Connections.
- Eight-week, structured learning in a classroom and professional kitchen, followed by a four-week internship in the restaurant or food handling industry
- Chance to earn ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification
- Kitchen organization, terminology, and measurements
- Proper handling of kitchen equipment and knife skills—slicing, chopping, and dicing
- Menu management, following recipes, making stocks, soups, and sauces
- Soft skills, such as on-the-job teamwork and communication skills
- Upon graduation, work with JEVS Community Employment Specialists to secure kitchen employment opportunities
Program is open to those 18 years of age or older, with referral from the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation; must possess fundamental reading and math skills, be able to lift 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time.
No cost for those who qualify
Classes held in Old City Philadelphia
Administrative Office Location:
9350 Ashton Road, Suite 201
Philadelphia, PA 19114
Monday – Friday: 8 am – 3 pm