Independence Network empowers young adults with disabilities in a supportive co-ed community so that they can live independent and fulfilling lives.
- Assist members to transition to living independently in their own apartments throughout the Collingswood, NJ, community
- Individualized guidance and support to build independent living skills
- Regular apartment visits to monitor health and safety, goal progress, and share recommendations and strategies that foster long-term success
- Employment support focused on finding and retaining jobs, as well as taking steps necessary for career advancement
- A monthly calendar offering an extensive variety of opportunities for members to engage in social, cultural, educational, health and wellness community-based activities
- Support to actively engage in community activities and volunteer opportunities
- Group discussions and demonstrations that address common concerns of young adults and encourage peer mentoring and support to naturally emerge
- 24-hour, on-call support to address emergencies and respond as needed
- Ongoing collaboration with families who serve as an active “advisory board” and subcommittee members
- Click here for information about our other program, Philadelphia Independence Network (PIN), located in Narberth, PA
Includes young adults with any disability who have demonstrated the potential to live independently.
Members find and pay for their own housing; Members must be willing and able to work, volunteer and/or be involved in an educational program; Members must participate in Independence Network activities.
Contact Independence Network to inquire about the fee.
13 Fern Avenue
Collingswood, NJ 08108
Monday – Friday
8 am – 4 pm