JEVS Nursing Home Transition provides financial support, service coordination, and acts as an advocate for individuals who desire to make the transition from living in a nursing home to living on their own in the community.
- One-on-one support from a qualified coordinator
- Assistance in finding housing, applying for housing voucher, planning your move and setting up your household
- Financial help with expenses, including security deposits, household items, adaptive equipment, utilities, and assistance with learning budget management
- Facilitate returning to and/or modifying an existing residence
- Referrals to home- and community-based services such as transportation, personal assistance services, peer support, assistive technology, and home modifications
- Arrange installation of Personal Emergency Response System
- Home modifications, which can include ramps, stair glides, bathroom modifications
- Can include nursing, physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Arrange for follow-up medical appointments and pharmacy needs
Must be age 18 years or older, qualify financially, reside in a nursing home in Pennsylvania, and interested in returning to the community.
Additional Languages Spoken
Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian, American Sign Language. Translations for other languages available.
This program is free for those who qualify. Nursing Home Transition is a collaborative effort of the Pennsylvania Department of Aging and Department of Human Services Office of Long-Term Living.
2770 Red Lion Road
Philadelphia, PA 19114
Monday – Friday
9 am – 5 pm