TechServ Scholars, operated by JEVS Human Services in partnership with AmeriCorps, is a unique, year-long opportunity for Philly youth (ages 17-24) who want to help their community through service and civic engagement, while developing technical, career skills in STEM and IT.
PLEASE NOTE: The program starts in late August 2018; enrollment is currently open.
- Hands-on, specialized technical training in IT (Information Technology) and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
- Service opportunity in Philadelphia or Camden providing STEM and digital literacy training to younger youth and community members
- Workforce “soft skills,” such as leadership, project management, problem-solving and customer service
- Benefits include: living allowance, mentoring, monthly SEPTA transpass, health care benefits, education award upon program completion, tools & equipment, child care reimbursement (if applicable), and official uniform
- Preparation for entering into a STEM-related registered apprenticeship program and/or school of higher education
- Be between 17 and 24 years of age
- Have a high school diploma, GED certificate or working toward a GED
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
- Submit a completed 2018 – 2019 application
No cost to participants
Training and service opportunities will be at various locations (rec/community centers, schools, organizations, etc.) throughout the cities
Monday – Friday
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
(Oct 2017) Hear what our TechServ Scholars hope to achieve this year and why they signed on to the program: