by Marilena Von Rohr, Job Development Specialist, JEVS Career Strategies
Q. How can you position yourself as an experienced worker in the job market for 2017?
A. It may take longer for someone who has much workplace experience to successfully find a great job, but it can be accomplished if you position yourself properly. Some steps to consider:
- Have a professional photograph taken. Complete your profile on LinkedIn.
- Have knowledge and have a comfort level with social media.
- Update your resume so that it is ATS (applicant tracking system) and employer-friendly.
- Have an accomplishment-based resume.
- Develop a good network of friends, family and prior associates – and CONNECT!
- Volunteer or be a consultant and fill those employment gaps.
- Be prepared and research the company/website prior to an interview.
- Practice your interviewing skills with accomplishments.
- Be physically fit, as this can exude that you have that “Get up and GO!” mentality.
- Demonstrate comfort with technology – remember to update your skills.
- Be engaging and flexible!
Get more expert information on the Job Search in 2017!
If you are interested in learning how JEVS Career Strategies can help individuals get to the next stage in their careers or job search…
> Contact us at 215-832-0878 or email@example.com