If our mission inspires you and you want to roll up your sleeves and help, Board membership may be of interest. We are always on the lookout for talented, hardworking, passionate people from all walks of life to volunteer in this capacity.
A JEVS Board member should be an:
- Advocate, anxious to promote and raise JEVS’ visibility
- Ambassador, eager to identify prospects and cultivate new “friends of JEVS”
- Asker, willing to ask others to support JEVS in a variety of ways
Attributes of a successful Board member include:
- Passionate about the world around them and the work of JEVS Human Services
- Respected and trusted
- Is willing to share their “sphere of influence”
- Diverse connections
Why I Volunteer
“I believe that one of the most effective and lasting ways to help people with challenges is to provide them with the means to help themselves. The many wonderful, diverse and effective programs undertaken by JEVS Human Services do exactly that. Through service on the JEVS Board of Directors, I can see that my contributions of time and resources are enabling many people to change their lives for the better.” — Bill Becker, Board Member
Board Member Expectations
- Acts as a community and business advocate on behalf of the JEVS Human Services brand.
- Regularly attends quarterly board meetings and other important meetings as needed. This includes staying informed about Board and committee matters, preparing in advance to attend and actively participate in the meetings by reviewing past minutes and current reports coming before the board.
- Actively participates on at least one Board committee.
- Attends annual fundraising event, Strictly Business, and encourages five (5) other non-board members to attend as well.
- Visits JEVS programs, attend events and group home visits, other than Strictly Business.
- Participates in on-going fund raising activities, including fulfilling Give or Get goal expectations.
- Attends JEVS Human Services Annual Meeting and encourages others to attend.
Meet Our Board
Contact Katherine Shinholster or call 215-854-1827.