Our Direct Support Professionals (also known as Direct Care Workers) are an essential part of providing care and independence for JEVS clients with disabilities. Join the JEVS team as a DSP and choose from full-time, part-time or weekend shifts.
Learn more about the responsibilities and rewards of working as a Direct Support Professional at one of our group homes or community living residences throughout Philadelphia and Montgomery County.
Upcoming Hiring Fair
JEVS is holding an in-person hiring event with on-the-spot interviews for anyone interested in our Direct Support Professional position.
REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must be over age 18 and have a valid driver’s license.
Why I Love My Job as a DSP
Erica is a direct support professional for JEVS Community Living and Home Supports, where she has worked for 29 years. Despite the difficulties that came with the pandemic, Erica was prepared to multitask and keep up with all the changes here to support her clients. “The pandemic hasn’t been easy, but with determination, consistency, and love, that’s what has been getting us all through here. I love what I do here.” Erica is passionate and dedicated to the work she does and the people she helps.
Our Commitment to the DSP Workforce
Learn more from employees and professionals in the human services field, including JEVS VP Clara Thompson, about the importance of the DSP position to organizations like JEVS, as well as the challenges of finding and keeping the workforce needed for this essential work.
Benefit & Wage Highlights
Want to be a DSP? Review JEVS Human Services’ job perks below.
Upcoming Wage Increases – The following schedule will be followed for wage increases*:
– DSP’s will receive a minimum hourly rate of $14.25
– 3% increase for those already above the minimum
– DSP’s will receive a minimum hourly rate of $15
– 2.5% increase for those already above the minimum
Longevity Bonus – JEVS values longevity and rewards employees based on years of service with the company and employment status. Eligible employees can qualify for bonuses of $300, $500, $600, and $1000 (less appl. taxes)
after 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of service*.
Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan – To help eligible employees save for their future, JEVS provides contributions based on union status and years of service. Additional money you wish to set aside for retirement can be taken through payroll deductions on a pre-tax basis and put into investments that you choose or can be chosen for you. To set up your account,
check your balance, change your deferral rate, or manage your investments, log in at: www.empowermyretirement.com or call Empower Participant Services at 1-800-338-4015*.
Sick Leave Bonus – If you don’t use any sick time between October 1st and September 30th; you will be eligible to receive a BONUS CHECK of ten days pay (less appl. taxes) at the end of the 12 month period, as long as you have 120 days of sick time in your leave bank on September 30th*.
- JEVS/CLHS Sick “Buy Back” Program – If you use less sick time than you earned during the year, beginning October 1st through September 30th, you MAY CHOOSE TO BE PAID FOR THE REMAINING HOURS, at the rate of one-half hours pay for each hour exchanged. As long you leave 20 days (160 hours) in your sick leave bank. Each year, eligible employees
receive notification from HR*.
Tuition Assistance – JEVS Tuition Assistance program is designed to help support eligible employees in their educational endeavors. Eligibility requirements: 1 year of employment, scheduled to work 17.5 hours or more per week. Contact HR for more information*.
Commuter Benefit – Eligible employees can sign up to participate in the ComPass commuter program, a SEPTA sponsored benefit, that allows you to put away pre-tax dollars at a 5% discount for the purchase of any SEPTA monthly pass (includes Trans and Trail passes). Contact HR to set up this benefit.
Referral Incentive Program – If you refer a candidate to JEVS that is hired and they pass probation, you will receive a bonus! The referral bonus is $100.00 (minus applicable taxes).
Philadelphia Federal Credit Union – All employees are eligible to join the credit union: www.pfcu.org.*
Pet Insurance – Nationwide Pet Protection is an option for JEVS employees. Exclusively for JEVS employees, same price for pets of all ages, use any vet, no networks or pre-approvals. To enroll visit www.petinsurance.com/jevshumanservices or call Nationwide directly at 1-877-738-7874.
- Medical & Prescription Drug – Our medical plan offers multiple options so that you can choose the coverage level that works best for you. For full plan summaries detailing coverage information, limitations, and exclusions. Rate sheets and plan summaries are available at http://jevsnet.jevs.org under Benefits.*
- Vision Coverage – An enhanced vision plan is included for those enrolled in an AETNA medical plan*.
- Dental Coverage – JEVS offers one dental plan to eligible employees, United Concordia, at no cost to you*!
- Telemedicine – Telemedicine offered with Aetna medical plan through Teledoc. Members can receive treatment within minutes for non-emergency, acute general medical needs such as: Flu, Cough, Cold, Sinus Problems, Upper respiratory infection, Mental Health, Pink eye, Seasonal allergies, Arthritis, Backache, Dermatology, Rash/Poison Ivy, and/or Motion sickness bands.
- Wellness Program – Reduce your monthly contribution to your medical benefits! The annual JEVS Wellness Program is a voluntary wellness program that can offer you information to understand your current health and potential risks. Complete 3 simple steps to participate!!! Annually: complete a physical, biometric screening and an Aetna Health
Assessment. Contact HR for additional information*.
- AFLAC Supplemental Health Insurance Benefits – Supplemental Health Insurance can help by providing benefits to help pay for out of pocket medical expenses or everyday living expenses. Plan summaries are available at http://jevsnet.jevs.org under Benefits. *
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) – If you or your dependents are NOT currently enrolled in Medicaid or CHIP, and you think you or any of your dependents might be eligible for either of these programs, contact your State Medicaid or CHIP office or call 1-877-KIDS-NOW or www.insurekidsnow.gov to find out how to apply.
- Employee Assistance Program – Planning for life events or even managing daily life can affect your work, health, and family. www.GuidanceResources.com is a no-cost, company-sponsored benefit available to you and your dependents to provide confidential assistance and resources to get through life’s challenges. Call: 1-800-311-4327/TDD: 1-800-697-0353 – Company ID: GEN311