JEVS Human Services has been providing career services—from job search assistance to interviewing and resume writing techniques—for nearly 80 years. Through our Career Strategies program, we partner with area organizations, libraries, community centers, and other community-based groups to deliver timely and relevant workshop topics to help individuals in various facets of their career start or transition.
What We Offer For Indidviduals and Groups
- 30 to 60-minute workshops, taught in-person at your location or via video conference
- Workshops led by professional career counselors and employment specialists
- Professionally designed PowerPoint slides to accompany the workshop presentation
- Set up of online registration (Eventbrite platform) and confirmations
- Design of workshop flyer to include your company logo
- Promotion of workshop through social media and JEVS web site
- Opportunities for attendees to receive one-on-one career counseling following the workshop (at a nominal rate)
Our professional career counselling staff have decades of practical experience working with job seekers from a variety of backgrounds and circumstances, such as unemployed and underemployed individuals, recent college graduates, women returning to work, mature workers, long-term unemployed, those looking to change careers, and business owners who now seek employment. They are trained to facilitate the workshop topic, engage participants, answer questions, and provide topic takeaways that attendees can apply to their personal lives and employment situations.
Please contact JEVS Career Strategies to discuss your workshop or outplacement needs. We work with a wide range of budgets for agencies large and small.
Menu of Workshop Topics
* Can be tailored for a specific audience
How To Gain a Competitive Edge in This Job Market
Learn from our expert career advisors about the job search essentials that will get you interviews and get you hired, including:
- Finding a remote job
- Using keywords throughout your résumé to get noticed by HR
- Virtual interviewing…how to make the right impression during remote video interviews
- LinkedIn tips and online networking strategies
Improve Your Virtual Interviewing
Do you have interview anxiety? You are not alone! We will help you gain confidence by prepping you for answering the most commonly asked questions. Join our expert career advisors, who will teach you:
- Stories sell…learn how to describe work accomplishments in a way that truly convinces the interviewer that you’re their #1 candidate
- Best answers to the toughest questions, such as: “What is your greatest weakness?”
- What is different about interviewing virtually than in-person
How to Use LinkedIn to Network Effectively
If you’re not branding yourself professionally online and utilizing your connections on LinkedIn, you aren’t giving yourself a fair chance at getting interviews. Join our expert career advisors to learn how to:
- Build an effective LinkedIn profile that attracts the attention of recruiters
- Make new connections with people at the top companies on your list
- Find and apply for jobs, and the importance of following up with the right people
Write that Winning Résumé
Is your résumé getting you noticed? If not, join our expert career advisors to find out about:
- Optimizing your résumé so that it has the right keywords and ones that rate high on Applicant Tracking Systems
- Highlighting accomplishments that will impress employers, instead of just focusing on your responsibilities
- Essential Do’s and Don’ts that can make all the difference
Staying Motivated Through the Ups & Downs of a Job Search
Staying motivated throughout your job search is challenging! Your frame of mind is key…so let’s brainstorm strategies for maintaining a positive attitude, staying present, and handling stress. Our expert career advisors will teach you how to focus on your achievements and tell impressive success stories to build your confidence and prepare for interviews.
If you are interested in hearing more about our workshop offerings for your constituents, clients or customers, or to hear more about our outplacement services, please contact us at email@example.com or 215-832-0878.