Who We Are
- JEVS EduConnect is a program of JEVS Human Services, which has been running career education programs to benefit the Greater Philadelphia community for nearly 50 years. We are a non-profit organization dedicated to helping people from all walks of life to achieve their goals.
- Our EduConnect program mission is to connect individuals to the credentials they need to begin or advance in growth careers fields, whether the individual needs a certification, training courses, or college degree.
- We partner will universities that offer these educational opportunities in a way that is flexible, affordable, and achievable.
Types of Students We Serve
- So many of our students are busy working parents, or single parents juggling life’s demands, or individuals who only have a high school diploma, or people stuck in their jobs with little chance for a promotion. EduConnect helps those who are at these crossroads in their careers and don’t know how to take the next step.
- We specialize in working with working adults to support them in succeeding. We take the time, and with patience, to understand each student’s needs and meet them where they are. It’s the JEVS way. We assist, support, hand-hold, answer student texts or emails on weekends!…whatever it takes.
The Unique Element About EduConnect
- What makes EduConnect special—and different than pursuing post-secondary ed on your own—is the JEVS Success Coach. The coach sets us apart from other universities offering tutoring or advisement. Our coaches provide support throughout the student’s entire journey with us. For many students, our coaches are the “safety net,” helping them to push through obstacles and providing the motivation they need.
- Our programs are online, and that can feel intimidating for many who’ve never done online learning before. The Success Coach guides the student one-on-one, and through “community” group sessions, so that they never feel alone in the program. We are their cheerleaders, especially if family or loved ones weren’t in their corners. We guide them to success.
- Right now we have a lot of students taking advantage of our certificate courses in partnership with Clarion University. We are offering programs in Healthcare, Software & Web Development, Skilled Trades & Technology, Business & Accounting, Project Management, Education, Law, Criminal Justice, Digital Arts, Academic Foundations.
- The certificates can be completed quickly, and then through JEVS’s vast offering of employment programs and connections to hundreds of employer partners, we can help people to find employment, apprenticeships or externships in these fields.
- We also partner with University of Massachusetts Global to offer associate, bachelor’s and master’s degree options that are online, self-paced and workforce oriented so that students can relate their coursework to the real working world. So many of our students are adults in their 30s and 40s–really any age–and are looking for an educational experience that is really relevant to today’s changing work world.
- Many employers offer tuition assistance as a benefit to it employees, so we encourage students to tap that a resource, and we can help them navigate that process.
- Through the wonderful support of the JEVS Foundation, we offers scholarships to students because we really want this program to be a stepping stone for people.
- Students can start the certificate programs right away. But, we do have a special certification program in medical billing & coding starting this January 2022. It’s 8 weeks, with live online instruction with a teacher that will help students to prepare for an entry-level position in this fast-growing field, where many jobs can be done remotely across the U.S. We’re excited to help individuals break into the health care field through this certification program.