Assistive Technology Services allow individuals to work around their challenges and perform functions that might otherwise be difficult or impossible. Along with specific devices, software or equipment, Assistive Technology Services also includes direct training and instruction to the individual, family and/or care team. The use of Assistive Technology (AT) often results in increased independence, safety, and autonomy.
- Individualized person-centered evaluations and assessments are performed by a highly-trained, credentialed professional in the comfort of your home or workplace.
- Assessments include physical and environmental observation, in addition to interviews with individuals, family and/or care team.
- Following the assessment individuals may have to opportunity to trial a device from our toolkit.
- A comprehensive clinical review of recommended intervention(s) inclusive of the findings, recommended device(s) and the desired outcome are discussed.
- Follow-up services are provided to ensure assistive equipment and interventions provided are meeting the individuals’ needs providing the intended functioning as desired.
Access to Devices
- Our toolkit and community partners of products and services allows us to partner with you to implement customized interventions that promote and increase independence, safety, and autonomy.
- Opportunity to trial various devices through Community Lending Libraries as well as JEVS’ own library.
- Access to 3D Printed Assistive Devices as well as custom made individualized devices.
Equipment and Support
- Device trialing
- Training to the individual, family, and support staff
- Technical assistance
- Device and equipment repair
- Complete our Contact Form to get started and our Assistive Technology Practitioner will contact you.
- Medicaid Waivers
- Grants and Foundations
- Private Pay
- If ineligible for funding inquire about a private pay fee. We can assist with securing a low or zero interest loan.
Assistive Technology in Use at JEVS
Our blog post Removing Barriers and Promoting Independence with Assistive Technology profiles several JEVS clients who are benefitting from our Assistive Technology Services.
Central Office Location
9350 Ashton Road, Suite 201
Philadelphia, PA 19114
Monday – Friday
8 am – 4 pm