Career Solutions for 55+ helps improve the quality of life for older Philadelphians who are unemployed, underemployed, or seeking a career change.
- Career counseling and placement assistance
- Access to workshops on: understanding transferable skills, computer and internet use, and résumé and interview preparation
- Referrals to training programs, social services, and job fairs
- Access to computer labs and on-line job leads
- Philadelphia residents age 55 or older
- Weekly info sessions, contact for appointment
PA CareerLink at Suburban Station
1617 John F. Kennedy Boulevard, 2nd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Monday – Friday
8:30 am – 4:30 pm
After winning her battle with cancer, Linda W. decided to come out of retirement and find work. But first, she had to update her skill set. Read Linda’s story >
For More Information
Read our “Ask Ms. Judy” blogs (written by our career advisor Judy Cherry) with job search advice for mature job seekers:
Part 1 … February 2016 – Résumé, Interview and Salary Advice for the 55+ Job Seeker
Part 2… July 2016 – New to Job Searching? 4 Tips to Get You Started
Part 3 … February 2017 – Time for a Career Change!
Part 4 … July 2017 – How to Prepare and Beat the Competition During Your Job Search
Part 5 … February 2018 – Determining Company Culture; Why it Matters to the Interview
Part 6 … July 2018 – Did Your Job…Lose You?
Part 7 … January 2019 – How to Convince Hiring Managers That You Are Indeed Tech-Savvy