Career Solutions for 55+ helps improve the quality of life for older Philadelphians* who are unemployed, underemployed, or seeking a career change.
Virtual Info Sessions
During these times of social distancing JEVS Career Solutions for 55+ is inviting you to attend a virtual orientation for enrollment. Topics of discussion are:
- Finding a Job During a Pandemic
- Job Readiness
- The Importance of Networking
You will also learn about our FREE Services such as:
- Access to services provided by PA CareerLink Suburban Station, operated by JEVS
- Referrals to employment opportunities
- Personalized job search assistance
- Access to webinars on: understanding transferable skills, computer and Internet use, résumé and interview preparation, and social networking
- Professional career counseling
- Personalized job search and placement assistance
- Résumé and interview preparation
- Access to employment workshops on: understanding transferable skills, networking, computer/internet use
- Access to computer labs, online job leads and services provided by PA CareerLink Suburban Station (operated by JEVS)
- Referrals to training programs, social services and job fairs
- Philadelphia residents age 55 or older
- Enrollment requires Philadelphia residency and is open to those living in a zip code beginning with 191xx
- Weekly Friday info sessions, contact for appointment
*Services are currently being provided virtually, via videoconference or phone
PA CareerLink at Suburban Station
1617 John F. Kennedy Boulevard, 2nd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Monday – Friday
8:30 am – 4:30 pm
After winning her battle with cancer, Linda W. decided to come out of retirement and find work. But first, she had to update her skill set.
> Read Linda’s story
Check out job search advice for mature job seekers, from our expert program coordinator, Yolanda Burnett:
Meet Yolanda Burnett, Program Coordinator
Yolanda Burnett is a human service professional who has 15+ years of experience working with adults and families in their efforts towards self-sufficiency. Yolanda understands the importance of setting goals and having a job search action plan. She also specializes in conflict resolution and she has mastered the ability to identify employable skills and qualifications.
As the program coordinator for Career Solutions for 55+, she provides mature Philadelphian workers 55 years of age or older with professional job readiness workshops, one-on-one job coaching and advocacy. Her clients include retired seniors returning to the workforce; seniors seeking full-time and/or part-time employment; and seniors interested in re-inventing their work life. Yolanda’s previous work experience was as a Workforce Development Project Officer, Earn Case Manager and Program Instructor.
More 55+ Articles From the Archives: