Career Solutions for 55+ helps improve the quality of life for older Philadelphians* who are unemployed, underemployed, or seeking a career change.
June 22, 2021 – Free Job Search Seminar
- Panel Discussion: Get insider information from HR recruiters discussing what they look for in a job candidate & making the most of you resume and the interview process.
- Interactive Workshop: Evaluating the interview from the job seeker’s perspective.
- Special Presentation: Understanding employment discrimination.
- Job Search Tips: How to stay COVID-safe when returning to the workforce.
Virtual Info Sessions
During these times of social distancing JEVS Career Solutions for 55+ is inviting you to attend a virtual orientation for enrollment. Topics of discussion are:
- Finding a Job During a Pandemic
- Job Readiness
- The Importance of Networking
You will also learn about our FREE Services such as:
- Access to CareerLink’s Websites
- Referrals to employment opportunities
- Personalized job search assistance
- Access to webinars on: understanding transferable skills, computer and Internet use, résumé and interview preparation, and social networking
- Career counseling and placement assistance
- Access to workshops on: understanding transferable skills, computer and internet use, and résumé and interview preparation
- Referrals to training programs, social services, and job fairs
- Access to computer labs and on-line job leads
- Philadelphia residents age 55 or older
*Enrollment requires Philadelphia residency and is open to those living in a zip code beginning with 191xx
- Weekly Friday info sessions, contact for appointment
PA CareerLink at Suburban Station
1617 John F. Kennedy Boulevard, 2nd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Monday – Friday
8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Check out this job search advice for mature job seekers:
After winning her battle with cancer, Linda W. decided to come out of retirement and find work. But first, she had to update her skill set. Read Linda’s story >
Meet Yolanda Burnett, Program Coordinator
Yolanda Burnett is a human service professional who has 15+ years of experience working with adults and families in their efforts towards self-sufficiency. Yolanda understands the importance of setting goals and having a job search action plan. She also specializes in conflict resolution and she has mastered the ability to identify employable skills and qualifications.
As the program coordinator for Career Solutions for 55+, she provides mature Philadelphian workers 55 years of age or older with professional job readiness workshops, one-on-one job coaching and advocacy. Her clients include retired seniors returning to the workforce; seniors seeking full-time and/or part-time employment; and seniors interested in re-inventing their work life. Yolanda’s previous work experience was as a Workforce Development Project Officer, Earn Case Manager and Program Instructor.
More 55+ Articles From the Archives: