JEVS Self-Directed Personal Attendant Services Program empowers Delaware residents with disabilities to self-direct their attendant care at home and in the community.
Support includes learning how to recruit a personal care worker, manage payroll, and navigate employee relations without feeling overwhelmed.
Financial Management Services
- Establishment of household employer authority
- Provision of payroll for attendants
- Provision of worker’s compensation
- Filing and depositing of local, state, and federal employment taxes
- Attendant income tax withholding
- Management of attendant-employee files
- Assistance with attendant recruitment
- Assistance with participant enrollment process
- Assistance with attendant enrollment process
- Orientation to payroll methods
- Support and coaching for household employers
- Attendant background checks
- Problem resolution
- Program monitoring
- Members in the Diamond State Health Plan Plus Medicaid program are referred by either Highmark Health Options, Amerihealth, or Delaware First Health.
- Non-Medicaid recipients may be referred by the Division of Services for Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities.
- Diamond State Health Plan Plus members incur no cost.
- Individuals who do not qualify for Medicaid may make minimal cost-sharing payments.
Services provided in all three Delaware counties.
Monday through Friday, 9AM-5PM, except holidays
Seeking Employment in Delaware as a Caretaker?
Interested in self-directing your own care at home?