The IT Pre-Apprenticeship program in Philadelphia is a 21-week training opportunity for young adults aged 18-24 who have an interest in IT and office technology. In this program, they have the chance to earn CompTIA+ and Microsoft Office certifications, which teach them skills in PC troubleshooting, configuring Windows OS, supporting networks, and mastering office essentials. This program also offers support to enhance math skills, write resumes, and prepare for interviews. Participants get monthly SEPTA passes for attending regularly, and they earn rewards as they achieve industry-recognized credentials. After completing the program, graduates can pursue careers as PC Customer Support Specialists, Help Desk Technicians, Tier 1 IT Support Specialists, and work in customer service. The program consists of a one-week orientation followed by a 16-week training phase, which concludes with an internship involving hands-on, paid work experience with JEVS IT employers.
- Must be 18-24 years old and living in Philadelphia
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Possess a 9th grade or higher reading level and an 8th grade or higher math level
- Have an interest in IT and office technology
- Individuals with children, experience in the foster care system, or an English as a Second Language (ESL) background are encouraged to apply.
- Open to individuals who are unemployed or underemployed and seeking a career path.
- Fill out this form to learn more.
Work Ready is free for eligible participants.
2770 Red Lion Rd
Philadelphia, PA 19114
Monday – Friday
8:30am – 2:55pm
TEL: (215) 728-4212