JEVS hireAbility Pre-Employment Transition Services, or Pre-ETS, prepares students with disabilities to transition from school to the world of work, postsecondary education or vocational training. Work-based learning experiences help students identify vocational interests, aptitudes and preferred work environments.
The goal is to facilitate a student’s career plan and to identify a career path matched to their skills, abilities and interests through training in self-advocacy, independent living, and work readiness.
- Soft-Skills Training
- Communication Skills Training
- Mock Interviews
- Career Exploration
- Resume Writing/Portfolio Development
- Job Shadowing
- Paid and Unpaid Internships
- Worksite Placements
- On-the-Job Mentoring
How Does it Work?
- Students work one-on-one or in a classroom or virtual setting with a Career Navigator during their high school years. Through a variety of assessments, career exploration, and workplace learning experiences, students’ interests, skills, abilities, and personal traits are discovered.
- Students may participate in a variety of activities such as mock interviews, resume writing/portfolio development, tours of job facilities, job sampling, and job shadowing— all designed to heighten their awareness of the career options available to them.
- Work-based learning experiences offer students actual work experience at a local business. Supported by the Job Coach, students gain valuable insights into the attitudes, values, and behaviors that indicate success in the workplace.
- Currently only available in New Jersey
- Must be age 14-21
- Must be enrolled in school (middle school, high school, technical school or college)
- Must be receiving special education or related services OR determined to have a disability (contact JEVS hireAbility for details)
This program is offered through a partnership with the New Jersey Dept. of Vocational Rehabilitation. There is no cost to those who qualify.
123 S. Broad St.
Philadelphia, PA 19109
505 Hamilton Ave, 101
Linwood, NJ 08221
Camden County College
200 College Drive
Blackwood, NJ 08012
Monday – Friday
8:30 am – 4:30 pm
TEL (PA & NJ): (215) 854-1787