Supported Independent Living allows adults with intellectual disabilities or mental illness to live in the comfort of home and maintain their independence with the support of committed and caring helpers.
Individuals are supported and encouraged to make their own choices, develop new abilities, and cultivate their special talents in their homes and communities.
- Customized services and supports designed to respond to the needs of the individual and the primary caregiver
- Shopping and cleaning assistance
- Participation in community activities and recreation
- Financial counseling and money management
- Access to medical appointments
- Help and support for individuals to connect with others in their natural surroundings or to integrate into their communities
Individuals 18 years of age or older with an intellectual disability or mental illness and Department of Behavioral Health or Intellectual disAbilities Services funding. Participants must require 30 hours or less of support each week.
Rental cost is based on a review of the individual’s income including Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Currently JEVS Human Services has 10 Supported Independent Living locations in the Northeast, Germantown and Mt. Airy sections of Philadelphia.
9350 Ashton Road, Suite 201
Philadelphia, PA 19114
Monday – Friday
8 am – 4 pm