JEVS Project WOW (World of Work) is a FREE program that offers 24-weeks of skills training, GED test preparation, and job placement assistance to help individuals who want to get their lives back on track.
Additional supports available to graduates of the program include paid internships, leadership training, and scholarship funds!
The program is free to individuals 18–24 throughout Philadelphia who did not complete high school, providing them with opportunities to connect to the education and supports that help them launch successful careers.
Think of JEVS Project WOW as a pathway…guiding young adults to take the next step toward a promising future.
Students receive hands-on training in building trades (property maintenance and repair) or computer technology. At the end of the program, our employment specialists help you find a job and begin your new career.
Program Benefits include:
- Hands-on, basic training in information technology or building trades/property maintenance (such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical and weatherization)
- GED preparation and testing fees paid
- Weekly transportation allowance and incentives
- Job search assistance with help from a job coach
- Scholarship funding (for OTC, CCP, etc.)
- Paid internships
- Driver’s education lessons
- Paid certifications like OSHA 30
- Transpass support during follow up year
- Team building trips, like Outward Bound
- Trips to visit employers, colleges
- Clothing/uniforms for work (like steel toed boots)
Completion of this inquiry form is the first step in the enrollment process and not a guarantee of acceptance. Upon receiving your form, a JEVS team member will contact you shortly to discuss the program, enrollment process and eligibility requirements.