Martin Luther King holiday is a designated National Day of Service. It’s a perfect time to highlight JEVS Human Services (JEVS) volunteer program and how you can get involved.
Volunteering brings a double benefit: you help others and provides a sense of community and purpose to the volunteer.
“I get as much from volunteering for JEVS as do the clients,” said one long-time JEVS volunteer. “Experiencing their determination to better their lives and learning of the many obstacles they’ve overcome is an inspiration and a motivator that keeps me involved with the many outstanding programs at JEVS.”
Thank you to JEVS Volunteers!
This past year, hundreds of volunteers gave countless hours. Huge thank you to our volunteers who:
- Helped young adults practice their job interview skills.
- Assembled and distributed backpacks of school essentials to JEVS clients and families in need to start the school year off great
- Visited individuals with disabilities who are living in our residential homes
- Helped clean-up and beautify homes for people with disabilities
- Collected and distributed clothing, toiletries, and other items of daily use to JEVS’ refugee clients and students
Be a JEVS volunteer!
>> To sign up to volunteer, please fill out this form
>> If your company or organization would like to volunteer as a group, please complete this form