Thank you for your interest in JEVS IT Pre-Apprenticeship, a career pathways training program for Philadelphia youth, AT NO COST! You can gain job skills in information technology (IT), as well as internships, to prepare you to work in this field. Applicants must be ages 18 to 24, and have a high school diploma or GED to be eligible.
Fill out the form on this page to get started!
IT Pre-Apprenticeship is a 21-week training program for young adults ages 18-24 in the city of Philadelphia interested in the world of IT and office technology. Depending on aptitude and interest, participants study for CompTIA certification and/or certification as a Microsoft Office Specialist. Participants can expect to gain skills in PC troubleshooting & repair, installing & configuring Windows operating systems, supporting small networks, and office technology basics such as emailing, word processing, and data entry.
- 18-24 years old
- Live in a qualifying neighborhood
- High school graduate or completion of GED
- Unemployed, underemployed, parenting, former or current participation in the foster care system, and/or ESL
- Possess a 9th grade or higher reading level and an 8th grade or higher math level
- Interest in IT and office technology
Completion of this inquiry form is the first step in the enrollment process and not a guarantee of acceptance. Upon receiving your form, a JEVS team member will contact you shortly to discuss the program, enrollment process and eligibility requirements.