JEVS Project WOW (World of Work) is a FREE program that offers 22-weeks of skills training, support in achieving a high school diploma through the Penn Foster program, and job placement assistance to help individuals who want to get their lives back on track.
The program provides young individuals (18–24) throughout Philadelphia who did not complete high school with opportunities to connect to the education and supports that help them launch successful careers.
Think of JEVS Project WOW as a pathway that guides young adults toward a promising future through hands-on training in building trades (property maintenance and repair).
- Hands-on, basic training in building trades/property maintenance (such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical and weatherization)
- Trainings will be held on site four days per week and via virtual instruction one day per week
- Paid enrollment in Penn Foster high school diploma program
- Job search assistance with help from a job coach
- Weekly transportation allowance
- Potential scholarship funding (for OTC, CCP, etc.) and paid internships
- Driver’s education lessons
- Paid OSHA certifications
- Transpass support during follow up year
- Team building trips, like Outward Bound
- Trips to visit employers, colleges
- Philadelphia resident
- No high school diploma (must have drop letter)
- Must be age 18 – 24
- Meet income eligibility requirements
No cost to eligible participants
2770 Red Lion Road
Philadelphia, PA 19114
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 12:00 pm