Work Ready provides a comprehensive set of employment-oriented services to those receiving Public Assistance benefits, including those who are in need of specific help managing barriers to self-sufficiency.
- Internship placement to enhance skills and employability
- One-on-one case management and coordination of services by a trained professional
- Assessment of obstacles to success
- Individualized service plans
- Access to skills training and basic education services
- Job search assistance
- Must be age 18 or older
- TANF, extended TANF, and SNAP customers
- Customers must be referred directly from the Philadelphia County Assistance Office (CAO).
No cost for those who qualify for funding
- Chanta – Through a Work Ready program called Five9 Chanta learned call center software, how to interact with customers and take after-call actions along with additional writing skills. Armed with this essential knowledge, Chanta earned a full-time position working in the ER department at Jefferson University Hospital.
- Sheltimah – Sheltimah also went through the Five9 program, and afterward was able to land her dream job right here at JEVS!
123 S. Broad, 7th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19109
Monday – Friday:
9 am – 5 pm
Additional Languages Spoken
Cambodian, Spanish, Vietnamese, Haitian Creole