What is Prolonged Exposure Therapy?
Prolonged Exposure Therapy, available at JEVS Human Services, is groundbreaking, evidenced-based treatment for trauma that helps individuals address their psychological needs and build stable, healthy lives in their communities.
Innovative in its approach, prolonged exposure helps clients interrupt and reverse the process of cognitive and behavioral avoidance that leads to post-traumatic stress disorder. Our dedicated, professionally-trained staff introduce corrective information, facilitating organization and processing of the trauma memory and associated thoughts and beliefs.
Prolonged Exposure services are appropriate for:
- Individuals receiving outpatient or mobile psychiatric rehabilitation services
- Individuals with a serious mental illness seeking wellness, socialization, independence, community integration or employment
- Individuals with a forensic background, particularly those returning from incarceration
What Can I Expect?
- One-on-one sessions with a trained, certified, professional counselor
- Three months of therapy, including follow-up
- Coordination with other JEVS Integrated Behavioral Health services, as appropriate
In three months, it helped me deal with the stuff that has happened to me in the past – Aldarene was supportive and made me comfortable, and now I feel as though things are normal and I’m just happy. I’m getting my goals accomplished. – Perry
Prolonged Exposure Therapy helps people achieve their goals because they’re no longer fearful of the trauma – conquering fear allows you to feel empowered, to move past hurt, shame, stigma, and to feel good and start rebuilding your life. – Aldarene